Sunday, November 2, 2008

Goals and Deadlines

We got an email from our teacher this week saying that the first trimester is coming to an end. We should now be approximately 35% done with our lessons. YIKES!!! We're no where near that. In our defense we did start a month later than most. We had some serious kinks to work out. We've had some major distractions (almost daily). And of course, we're dealing with some pretty serious learning disabilities. There's our excuses. Now that those have been recorded I can stop whimpering about how behind we are and we can move on to the solution!

The official school year ends May 22. We need to be 80% done before then so we can get our 2nd grade curriculum ordered and work on that over the summer. So here's the plan:

We are just starting week 12 of school (even though it's really only our week 9--again, since we started late). In order to hit 100% by May 22, and ensuring we'll be able to order next year's materials before next year, we need to do 6 lessons per week.

No big deal. That was our plan before anyway, we just weren't getting it done. But now the heat is on and we have to.

3 comments:

Aly said...

If only I was as funny as you! And oh my WORD 35%!? I have not checked my email since Thursday! I am now going to our K12 site and checking our progress! CRAP!!

NLBlack said...

Beaner and Stretch fit the guys perfectly. However, Miss K should be PRINCESS K. I'm sure she agrees!

The Wibergs said...

Mom, that's what Dad said too. We'll have to consider a change. I really wanted to use what I really call her ____y-belle, but it's got the real name in it, so we improvise.