Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Dough Sphinx

Our history lessons are sinking in. We've been noticing pyramids and the Sphinx in our scripture story books (Moses & Joseph in Egypt). We borrowed the movie, the Prince of Egypt from the library and pointed out those things again as we saw them. The kids pointed out the Egyptian jewelry and the hieroglyphs on the walls. Then, Tuesday night as I was making bread, Miss K asked to help knead it. When I turned my attention back to her THIS is what I saw. The Dough Sphinx! Note the human head, body of a lion, complete with tail (I haven't been able to determine if the real Sphinx has a tail. I haven't found a rear view to figure that out. It's been a burning question in our home this past week, and we've come to the conclusion that OF COURSE the Sphinx has a tail.)
Later it was made into bread, and we've been eating PB & J Sphinx for the past 2 days.

4 comments:

NLBlack said...

You really need to write a book! Between this post, and the haircut comments on the other blog, I'm rolling on the floor laughing!

I wish you could post every day, because I need the entertainment!

Aly said...

I LOVE IT!!! That is so funny (and smart)!

SuperCoolMom said...

LOVE it! What I want to know is whether you just let it rise as is, or if you made it into a more traditional loaf before baking?

Dana said...

How creative! We made our Sphinx out of Legos and a lion stuffed toy. I never thought of bread dough!